Leila was able to take our simple concept of a home remodel and transform our outdated kitchen and choppy layout into a beautiful modern and efficient living space.
Bradley J., Walnut Creek
What is Design Build?
Design build means that one company is responsible for both the design and construction of the project. Clients have one contract and one contact, rather than having multiple design companies and external contractors involved. Design build offers peace of mind so the client does not have to be fraught with the challenges of managing the project by themselves.
With You From First Design Sketch to Final Switch Plate Installation
One Partner | One Vision | One Stop Shop
Cohesive Process With Effective Results
Our expertise extends from initial design right through construction, including budgeting, ordering products, obtaining permits, and scheduling the entire project. Our designers and construction crews work under one roof as a cohesive team and we assume responsibility for the project from first vision to final satisfying result. Clients benefit from our “one-stop shop” approach, creating a worry-free journey for you during your kitchen, bath or remodel project.
Design Build Process
1. Initial Design Consultation at Showroom: We start by inviting you to visit our showroom for a complimentary consultation with one of our designers and to browse our various showroom displays.
2. In-Home Consultation: We will visit your home to look at your project and evaluate the scope of work, and then send you a design proposal tailored to your individual project that lays out the process and fee structure.
3. Design Agreement: When you decide to proceed, you will return an executed copy of the design agreement to start the process of design, product selection, and estimating. This includes measuring the existing site, design sketches and ideas, and realistic preliminary cost estimates.
4. Construction Documentation & Final Product Selections: If our budget for your project is consistent with your goals and you decide to proceed with the project, we will work together to finalize all material selections and give you a final overall cost for the project. We then create final working drawings of your project, including floor plans, elevations, details, lighting, and electrical plans.
1. Pre-Construction: After a contract is agreed upon and signed, we begin ordering all necessary materials for your project. We obtain building permits and establish a project timeline.
2. Construction: Construction begins once permits are obtained. During construction, you will work directly with our project manager and field supervisor to make sure your project proceeds seamlessly from start to finish. Your designer will visit the job site on an as needed basis.
3. Completion: The design team at Douglah Designs is committed to guaranteeing the successful completion of your project. We value our relationships with our customers both during and after the completion of your project.